Coconut Cupcakes with Seven-Minute Frosting and Coconut Flakes
These coconut-topped sweeties make eating dessert feel like a tropical vacation.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Seven-Minute Frosting
- 1 1/3 cups large-flake unsweetened coconut
Make cupcakes as directed in Basic Cupcake How-To, adding sweetened coconut to dry ingredients, and using coconut milk and vanilla for wet ingredients. Once cupcakes are cool, mound frosting on tops. Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut. Serve immediately.
In this step: