Warm Potato Salad
This simple potato salad recipe comes from chef Emeril Lagasse. It pairs nicely with E.J.'s Simple Oven-Barbecue Ribs.
- Servings: 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January 2010
- 6 baking potatoes, such as russet, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground white pepper
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; season with salt. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil; cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
Meanwhile, place heavy cream in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and let cool.
Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add mustard and vinegar; season with salt and black pepper. Add onion, celery, eggs, reduced heavy cream, and parsley; mix until well combined. Season with salt and white pepper before serving.