Sesame Shrimp and Noodles
Put the water on to boil before you prepare all the ingredients, then cook the shrimp and vegetables at the same time as the pasta.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, October 2005
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ounces medium shrimp
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together marmalade, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp, bell pepper, and scallions; toss to combine. Transfer to a rimmed (or toaster-oven) baking sheet, and spread in a single layer.
Heat broiler (or toaster oven). Broil, 4 inches from heat source, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer contents of baking sheet to pot; toss with pasta to combine.