Ribbon Zucchini with Yellow Wax Beans
Look for zucchinis that are about 5 to 6 inches long.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Gentl & Hyers
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2000
- 1 pound small zucchini, 4 to 6 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 ounces yellow wax beans, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Slice the zucchini into long ribbons: Cutting lengthwise, slice the sides from around the seedy core of each squash; discard core. Cut each side into long, thin strips.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, and add the olive oil. Add the onion and yellow wax beans, and saute until just beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and 1/2 cup water, and stir to combine.
Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until zucchini is tender and flexible, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato, chives, salt, and pepper, and remove from heat.