A sprinkling of herbs or spices will make your favorite vegetables even more delicious.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, October 2005
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds red cabbage (about 1 small head), halved, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks (10 cups)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh dill
In a Dutch oven (or other 5-quart pot), heat oil over medium-low heat. Add cabbage, pineapple, sugar, and vinegar; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage has wilted (but is not mushy), about 35 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in dill. Serve hot or at room temperature.