Shrimp and Tomatoes
This is a quick and flavorful one-pan dish blending shrimp, parsley, lemon juice and tomatoes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2004
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 plum tomatoes, cored, halved lengthwise, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat; swirl to coat pan. Season shrimp with salt and ground pepper. Add half the shrimp to the pan; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shrimp.
Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and red-pepper flakes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they begin to break down, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt.
Return shrimp and any accumulated juices to pan. Add parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve over pasta, rice, or spinach, if desired.