Ham and Swiss Sandwich
A classic ham and Swiss tastes even better served on a buttered baguette.
- 4 ounces (8 tablespoons) salted butter, softened
- 1 baguette, halved horizontally and quartered crosswise
- 4 ounces thinly sliced French ham
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Cornichons, for serving
Spread 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of baguette. Divide ham and cheese among bottom halves of bread. Sandwich with top halves. Serve with mustard and cornichons.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2008