Spring Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
This salad is very simple, so the quality of each ingredient is key. Use the best olive oil and sea salt you can find, and look for buffalo mozzarella that has a wonderful tangy taste.
- 2 1/2 cups mache (2 to 3 packages) or tender baby lettuce leaves
- 1 ball (10 ounces) fresh buffalo mozzarella, halved lengthwise, sliced 1/2-inch thick crosswise
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed and sliced into rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Place mache on a platter, and arrange mozzarella and radishes on top. Sprinkle with scallions. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with the oil.