Bitter-Greens Salad Wrapped in Prosciutto
Serve the salad with thinly sliced prosciutto and roll the greens inside each piece.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch red dandelion greens, trimmed (4 cups), or any bitter greens
- 3 ounces Medjool dates (about 12 small), halved and pitted
- 4 ounces Stilton blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Thinly sliced prosciutto, for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss pecans with 1 tablespoon oil, and season with salt. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until fragrant and edges begin to darken, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
Combine dandelion greens, dates, and half the Stilton in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange salad on a platter. Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cheese. Serve with prosciutto.