Lemon and Olive Relish
Try adding this refreshing lemon and olive relish to spatchcocked Cornish game hens for a delicious meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Slice the top and bottom of both lemons with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the lemon over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release.
Whisk together shallots, vinegar, and honey in a medium bowl. Coarsely chop lemon segments and add to the bowl with the shallot mixture, along with any lemon juice that has accumulated in the bowl. Stir in olives, capers, chives, and parsley; season with salt and pepper.