Six-Ingredient Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade chicken noodle soup in under an hour! This classic soup delivers hearty flavor and makes chicken for later in the week.
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (3 1/4 pounds total)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large pot, combine chicken, broth, and 8 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through (skim off foam), about 18 minutes. With tongs, transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate 10 minutes.
Add carrots to pot and cook until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Remove skin and bones from chicken and discard; refrigerate 4 thighs for Chicken and Sweet Potato Hand Pies. Shred remaining chicken and add, along with peas, to pot. Cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2010