Six-Ingredient Chicken Noodle Soup
Homemade chicken noodle soup in under an hour! This classic soup delivers hearty flavor and makes chicken for later in the week.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (3 1/4 pounds total)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large pot, combine chicken, broth, and 8 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a rapid simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through (skim off foam), about 18 minutes. With tongs, transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate 10 minutes.
Add carrots to pot and cook until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Remove skin and bones from chicken and discard; refrigerate 4 thighs for Chicken and Sweet Potato Hand Pies. Shred remaining chicken and add, along with peas, to pot. Cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.