Crostini with Kale and Parmesan
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds kale, preferably Tuscan, stems removed, leaves sliced into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small wedge Parmesan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange bread slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and garlic over medium-high until garlic is fragrant. Add kale and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add 1 cup water; cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated, 12 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid is evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes. Toss with lemon juice.
Top crostini with kale. With a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan onto top.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2009