Beef Rolls with Spring Salad
This cheese-stuffed beef roll -- plus plenty of salad -- equals a hearty but low-calorie supper.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2010
- 3/4 pound braciola beef (thinly sliced top round), cut into 4 equal pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Onion-Pepper Mixture for Beef Rolls
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces spring lettuce mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Pat meat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Place cheese and onion-pepper mixture in center of beef pieces. Beginning with narrow end of meat, roll filling up tightly. Carefully flip meat seam side up and secure with toothpicks.
Place a medium skillet over medium-high; brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Place meat rolls, seam side down, in skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until beef browns and cheese melts, about 8 minutes (reduce heat if beef is browning too quickly). Transfer beef rolls to a plate.
Toss lettuce with vinegar and 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Remove toothpicks from beef rolls; serve with salad.