Under 30 Minutes
Beef Rolls with Spring Salad
This recipe is delicious (and even leaner) with chicken or turkey cutlets instead of beef. You can also use another cheese, such as Swiss or sharp cheddar.
- 3/4 pound braciola beef (thinly sliced top round), cut into 4 equal pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces pepper Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Onion-Pepper Mixture for Beef Rolls
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces spring lettuce mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Pat meat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Place cheese and onion-pepper mixture in center of beef pieces. Beginning with narrow end of meat, roll filling up tightly. Carefully flip meat seam side up and secure with toothpicks.
Place a medium skillet over medium-high; brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Place meat rolls, seam side down, in skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until beef browns and cheese melts, about 8 minutes (reduce heat if beef is browning too quickly). Transfer beef rolls to a plate.
Toss lettuce with vinegar and 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Remove toothpicks from beef rolls; serve with salad.
SourceEveryday Food, January 2010