Grilled Halloumi Cheese
This recipe for grilled halloumi cheese with preserved lemons and olives is courtesy of Jeremy Meltzer.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Yellingbo
- 2 preserved lemons, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound mixed olives, pitted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely minced, plus more sprigs for garnish
- 1 pound halloumi cheese
- Salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
In a medium bowl, mix together olive oil, lemons, olives, garlic, and rosemary. Place cheese in a small dish and cover with olive oil mixture, turning cheese to coat. Let marinate 1 hour.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill cheese, lemons, and olives until cheese is lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer items to a serving platter, garnish with rosemary, and serve immediately with bread.