White Miso Dressing
This delicious recipe is the ideal dressing for a Carrot Salad.
- Yield: Makes 2/3 cup
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated white onion with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Grate ginger into a double layer of paper towels. Gather sides of paper towel together and squeeze ginger juice into a medium bowl. Add miso, vinegar, carrot, onion, and sugar; whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use. Re-whisk before using.