Mini Spinach-and-Cheese Pizzas
Choose part-skim ricotta instead of regular; it has comparable creaminess, with fewer calories and less fat. Whole-wheat pitas are fiber-rich -- and tasty.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2007
- 4 mini whole-wheat pitas (3 inches each), split
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a garlic press
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pint bocconcini (about 20 balls), halved
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; arrange pita halves on sheet, cut side up.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, spread ricotta mixture on pitas, and top with spinach and bocconcini. Season with salt and pepper.
Broil until cheese is melted and starts to brown, 4 to 6 minutes, rotating sheet from front to back halfway through baking. Serve immediately.