Horseradish Crusted Salmon
- Servings: 6
Photography: Eric Huang
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2000
- 5 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup freshly grated horseradish, grated on small holes of box grater
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
- 6 six-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
Heat oven to 450 degrees.position rack 8 to 12 inches from heat. Place bread in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped (1/4- to 1/8-inch pieces). Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, shallot, dill, horseradish, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pulse just until combined; set aside.
Rub bottom and sides of a 12-by-17-inch pan with olive oil. Place salmon on pan, spacing fillets 2 inches apart. Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pat mixture onto top of each fillet. Bake until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn heat to broil, and cook until tops are a rich golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.