Roasted Trout with Dill and Lemon
- Unsalted butter, for baking sheet
- 4 whole boneless rainbow trout
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 8 thin slices lemon
- 2 cups watercress leaves
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a rack set in upper third of oven.
Generously butter a large rimmed baking sheet. Place trout on baking sheet skin-side down. Season cavity of each trout generously with salt and pepper; top each with 2 to 4 sprigs of dill and 3 lemon slices. Fold over to enclose the trout and season the skin with salt and pepper; brush lightly with butter. Transfer to oven; cook 4 to 5 minutes. Rotate pan and continue cooking until skin is crispy and golden brown and flesh is just opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss watercress, radishes, feta, and walnuts with vinaigrette. Divide salad evenly between 4 plates. Transfer trout to plates and serve immediately with a dollop of creme fraiche.