Under 30 Minutes
- 3/4 cup red-currant jam or jelly
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 (about 1/2 cup) gingersnap, cookies crushed
Whisk together jam and lemon juice in a small bowl; set aside. Beat the creme fraiche, cream, sugar, vanilla, and spices with an electric mixer until mixture holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in 1 tablespoon jam mixture with a rubber spatula, creating red swirls.
Layer 1 heaping tablespoon cream mixture, 1 tablespoon crushed cookies, and 1 tablespoon jam mixture in a small glass. Repeat layering; top with a dollop of cream mixture. Make 3 more parfaits. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 hour.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, February 2005