Turkey, Cheddar, and Green-Apple Sandwich
No need to deprive yourself: The day-after sandwich qualifies as healthful when turkey is slipped between slices of cheddar, tart apple, and whole-grain bread.
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 thin slices cooked white-meat turkey
- 1 ounce thinly sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices green apple
- 2 pieces red-leaf lettuce
Spread mustard on 1 slice of bread and mayonnaise on the other slice. Layer the remaining ingredients on mustard, and top with second slice of bread. Cut in half, and serve immediately.