Turkey, Cheddar, and Green-Apple Sandwich
No need to deprive yourself: The day-after sandwich qualifies as healthful when turkey is slipped between slices of cheddar, tart apple, and whole-grain bread.
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 thin slices cooked white-meat turkey
- 1 ounce thinly sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 thin slices green apple
- 2 pieces red-leaf lettuce
Spread mustard on 1 slice of bread and mayonnaise on the other slice. Layer the remaining ingredients on mustard, and top with second slice of bread. Cut in half, and serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, November 2008