Turkey Sandwich with Apple and Havarti
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- 4 turkey cutlets, (4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cup Peach-Ginger Chutney with Golden Raisins, or store-bought mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 pumpernickel bread
- 1 cup grated Havarti cheese
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Red-leaf lettuce
Heat broiler. On a baking sheet, toss turkey cutlets with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Broil until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate; wipe sheet with paper towels.
In a bowl, combine chutney and mustard. Place bread slices on sheet. Layer 4 slices with chutney mixture, turkey, Havarti cheese, and apple.
Broil until cheese melts and bread is toasted, 5 minutes. Top with lettuce and remaining toast.