- 2 cups bulghur wheat
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium bowl cover bulghur with 6 cups boiling water. Let stand until wheat is expanded and fluffy, about 2 hours. Drain well in a fine sieve; return to bowl.
Add carrot, onion, parsley, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve immediately.