Red-Pepper and Herb Ravioli
Dress up any variety of store-bought ravioli in minutes with flavored oil and fresh herbs. Add a green salad and a loaf of rustic bread, and dinner is ready.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 18 ounces fresh or frozen spinach-cheese or other ravioli
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives or green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
In small saucepan, heat oil over low heat for 3 minutes. Add red pepper, and cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli until it floats to the top, about 6 minutes for fresh. (For frozen, cook for 6 minutes after the pasta floats to the surface.) Drain, and return to the warm pot. Gently toss ravioli with flavored oil, chives, parsley, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.