Shape these tiny meatballs, then freeze for up to 3 months. There's no need to thaw before using; they will cook quickly right out of the freezer.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 40
Source: Everyday Food, March 2005
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 slices bacon (2 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine beef, bacon, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape mixture into 40 meatballs.
Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet or on 2 large plates. Freeze 1 hour. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag; label and date.
To use the meatballs straight from the freezer, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.