To prepare this sauce up to two days ahead of time, combine everything except the fresh herbs and refrigerate. Add the cilantro and parsley just before serving.
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2006
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (preferably from ancho chilies)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Put all the ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined.