Peach-Ginger Chutney with Golden Raisins
Spread this sweet chutney on chicken or turkey sandwiches, or use it as an accompaniment to lamb, pork, or chicken.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, May/June 2003
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 Cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 pound (2 1/2 cups) frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
In a medium saucepan, combine 1 chopped onion (about 1 1/2 cups), 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger, 1 pound sliced frozen peaches (2 1/2 cups), 1 cup packed light-brown sugar, 1/3 cup white-wine vinegar, 1 cup water, and 1/2 cup golden raisins.
Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is soft and syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool before serving.