Under 30 Minutes
Salmon with Spicy Cucumber-Pineapple Salsa
Any way you slice it, the versatile Kirby cuke is a must-have. Match it with fast fish fillets or with a burger for a fresh and refreshing change.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, finely diced
- 1 cup finely diced fresh pineapple (about of a whole pineapple)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed), minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets (6 to 8 ounces each), patted dry
In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, and 1 tablespoon oil; add cucumbers, pineapple, scallions, jalapeno, and basil. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine.
Generously season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high; add salmon, skin side down. Cook until skin is crispy and salmon is opaque about 3/4 of the way through, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn salmon over, and continue to cook just until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve salmon topped with salsa.