Fish and Fennel
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium head fennel, trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thin slices lemon, skin removed
- 4 skinless white fish fillets (6-ounce), such as halibut, striped bass or grouper, about 1 inch thick
In a medium skillet, combine 1/3 cup water and oil. Add the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, lemon, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to fall apart, 5 to 7 minutes.
Season the fish with salt and pepper. Add to skillet with vegetables. Cover, and cook until opaque, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, July 2003