Chocolate, Nut, and Dried Fruit Covered Matzo
Turn matzo, a Passover staple, into a sweet treat by coating it with chocolate, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Yield: Makes 11 pieces
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2007
- 11 pieces matzo (about 1 box)
- 11 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 11 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit or crystallized ginger, chopped
Place matzo on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Brush one side of matzo with either the white or dark chocolate; drizzle over dark chocolate, if matzo was brushed with white chocolate, or white chocolate, if matzo was brushed with dark chocolate. Sprinkle over nuts and fruit.
Transfer matzo to refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces. Serve immediately.