Egg Noodles with Lemon and Herbs
These old-fashioned egg noodles are the perfect accompaniment to our Spring Chicken Ragu.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 1995
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, (about 1/2 bunch)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Fill a large saucepan with cold water, bring to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add noodles, and cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat, drain noodles, and transfer to a bowl.
Add butter, parsley, chives, lemon zest, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Toss to coat noodles with butter and herbs. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered with aluminum foil, until ready to serve.