- 1/2 cup finely chopped Napa or Savoy cabbage
- Coarse salt
- 6 ounces ground pork, not all lean
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
In a medium bowl, toss cabbage with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Wrap cabbage in a double layer of paper towels; firmly squeeze out excess liquid. Return cabbage to bowl; add pork, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well with a fork. Refrigerate leftover filling up to 2 days.