Cucumber, Cantaloupe, and Squash Salad
Yogurt and lime zest add zing to this refreshing chilled salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 3 yellow summer squashes (about 1 pound), unpeeled
- 1 English cucumber (about 10 ounces), unpeeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 large cantaloupe, rind removed
Make the dressing: Combine yogurt, lime zest and juice, salt, cumin, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Make the salad: Using a vegetable peeler or a mandoline, shave squashes and cucumber into wide ribbons, stopping when you reach seeds. Toss with vinegar and salt. Cover, and refrigerate. Shave cantaloupe into ribbons, and refrigerate.
Just before serving, drain cucumber and squash ribbons, and toss with cantaloupe. Drizzle with dressing.