Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas
That muffin pan is not just for cupcakes. Make these mini deep-dish pizzas using homemade or store-bought dough and your favorite toppings.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 6
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- Olive oil, for muffin pan
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1/2 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, in 6 pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- Desired toppings, such as cooked vegetables, pineapple and ham, or pepperoni
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly brush 6 standard muffin cups with oil. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each dough piece to a 6-inch round. Fill each cup with 1 round, gently pressing dough into bottom and sides of cup. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle each dough cup with 1 tablespoon each cheese and tomato. Add desired toppings and another tablespoon each cheese and tomato. Bake until dough is golden brown and crisp, 12 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes before removing from cups.