Texas Two-Bean Salad
Whether for the picnic basket or the dinner table, this easy bean salad fits right in.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimentos, drained
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), finely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and sugar. Add black-eyed peas, beans, pimentos, celery, and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 3 days). Serve with a slotted spoon.