Chicken Salad Surprise
This delicious recipe for chicken salad surprise is courtesy of Dr. Yvonne Butler.
- 4 cups (20 ounces) cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Nayonnaise or low-fat natural mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Whole wheat bread, for serving (optional)
Place chicken, apple, and grapes in a medium bowl; toss to combine. Let stand for 3 minutes.
Add onion, Nayonnaise, cayenne, and salt to chicken mixture and toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until chilled before serving. Serve on whole wheat bread, if desired.