Chicken Salad Surprise
This delicious recipe for chicken salad surprise is courtesy of Dr. Yvonne Butler.
- 4 cups (20 ounces) cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat Nayonnaise or low-fat natural mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Whole wheat bread, for serving (optional)
Place chicken, apple, and grapes in a medium bowl; toss to combine. Let stand for 3 minutes.
Add onion, Nayonnaise, cayenne, and salt to chicken mixture and toss until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until chilled before serving. Serve on whole wheat bread, if desired.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008