Under 30 Minutes
Breaded Pork Cutlets with Ginger-Soy Sauce
This recipe was sent in by Eric Wolff of Guilford, Connecticut.
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1 dash of hot-pepper sauce (optional)
For the Cutlets
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, sliced into 4 cutlets (each about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients; set aside to let the flavors develop.
Make cutlets: In a small, shallow bowl, whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons water. Place breadcrumbs on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Coat each slice of pork with flour, then dip in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs, coating completely.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Serve with sauce.