Fennel, Apple, and Blue Cheese Salad
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese, preferably Maytag Blue
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 medium bulb fennel, trimmed and very thinly sliced crosswise on a mandoline
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 head Boston lettuce, rinsed, torn into pieces, and spun dry
In a large bowl, whisk to combine vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in oil, until combined.
Add cheese, walnuts, fennel, and apple to the vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Add lettuce, and toss again. Transfer to a platter. Serve immediately.