Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
This crunchy salad is ready in 10 minutes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 2
Source: Everyday Food, October 2008
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast (about 2 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup crunchy chow mein noodles (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, ginger, and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Divide dressing between two small airtight containers.
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, chicken, bell pepper, and cilantro. Divide between two airtight containers; refrigerate, up to overnight. To serve, top with dressing and, if desired, noodles.