Roasted Salmon with Sorrel and Lemon
- 1 (3-pound) salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 8 ounces (about 8 cups) fresh sorrel, plus 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces (about 4 cups) fresh pea shoots
- 2 ounces (about 4 cups) mizuna, or mesclun
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet, dark side down. Rub top of fillet with lemon zest, chopped sorrel, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Transfer to oven, and roast until top is lightly browned and fish is cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes.
Toss fresh sorrel, pea shoots, and mizuna in a bowl with olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange on platter with salmon, and serve.