Trout with Sage
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus room-temperature butter for baking sheet
- 8 small trout fillets, with skin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh or dried plain breadcrumbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat broiler. Generously butter a baking sheet. Arrange the trout fillets, skin side down, on the prepared sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, salt, sage, and pepper. Using a pastry brush, coat each fillet with the seasoned butter, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Broil the trout as close to the heat as possible, turning sheet as
needed for even cooking, until fish is golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with the lemon on the side.