Farfalle Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
The mild cream cheese perfectly balances the salty, intense flavors of the capers and salmon.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2007
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into bite-size pieces
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Add onion to pot; immediately drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
Add cream cheese, dill, capers, and salmon to pasta. Toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a thin sauce that coats farfalle (you may not need all the water). Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve.