Cabbage and Parsley Slaw with Capers
This is an easy salad is a perfect way to utilize bright parsley as an ingredient instead of as a garnish. We recommend using flat-leaf (or Italian) parsley for a more intense flavor.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 1 pound), shredded
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
In a bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add green cabbage, capers, and parsley leaves; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.