A hearty oat mixture is baked into these treats; they derive most of their moisture and sweetness from bananas and applesauce.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2006
- 3/4 cup cake flour, (not self-rising)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped bananas
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Blueberry-Walnut Muesli
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together flours, bran, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
Put butter and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until combined after each addition. Add bananas, applesauce, and vanilla; mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in 3/4 cup muesli and the blueberries.
Line 10 cups of a standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper liners. Divide batter among cups, filling to rims. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/2 cup muesli. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely in tin on a wire rack.