This recipe for jalapeno dressing is courtesty of Susan Spicer and can be found in her cookbook, "Crescent City Cooking."
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, December Fall 2007
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos, plus 1 or 2 whole pickled jalapenos, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
In the jar of a blender or the bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, 1 tablespoon jalapenos and mustard; pulse until pureed. Add salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and vinegar; pulse until smooth. With the blender running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream; mix until emulsified. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in shallots and remaining jalapenos.