Under 30 Minutes
Asian Chicken with Cashews
Table for four? The special tonight is garlic and ginger chicken with scallions and red bell pepper, courtesy of your microwave.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime), plus wedges for serving (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into strips
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2 inches), peeled, thinly sliced, and cut into thin strips
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
In a 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, stir together soy sauce, lime juice, and cornstarch; season with pepper. Add bell pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, and chicken; toss to coat.
Cover, and microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken over halfway through. Thinly slice chicken crosswise. Transfer to serving plates, and top with vegetables and juices. Scatter with cashews, and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2007