Asian Chicken with Cashews
Table for four? The special tonight is garlic and ginger chicken with scallions and red bell pepper, courtesy of your microwave.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2007
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime), plus wedges for serving (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into strips
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2 inches), peeled, thinly sliced, and cut into thin strips
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
In a 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, stir together soy sauce, lime juice, and cornstarch; season with pepper. Add bell pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, and chicken; toss to coat.
Cover, and microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken over halfway through. Thinly slice chicken crosswise. Transfer to serving plates, and top with vegetables and juices. Scatter with cashews, and serve with lime wedges, if desired.