Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Chicken Sausage with Pears
Sliced pears become exceptionally sweet when given a quick turn on the grill (or the stove top). This recipe can be made on a grill pan, although you may need to increase the cooking times by one minute per side.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 firm, ripe pears, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 8 precooked chicken-and-apple sausage links, pricked with a fork
- Fresh thyme, chutney, and assorted mustards, for serving
Preheat grill to medium-high. (If you are using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 3 to 4 seconds.)
Whisk lemon juice with mustard. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Whisk in salt and pepper. Toss pears with 2 tablespoons dressing.
Grill sausages, turning frequently, until heated through, 10 to 12 minutes total. At the same time, grill pears until softened and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Top sausages and pears with thyme, and serve with chutney, mustards, and remaining dressing.