Yogurt Panna Cotta
For a healthy dessert option, try this yogurt panna cotta recipe from The Harrison chef Amanda Freitag.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- Concord Grape and Dried-Cranberry Compote
In a medium bowl, mix together milk, gelatin, and vanilla until gelatin dissolves; set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream and sugar. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin mixture until gelatin melts.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl with a spout. Add yogurt to bowl and stir until smooth and well combined. Pour mixture into six 6-ounce ramekins. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until set, at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Serve with compote.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, October 2009